An ordinance authorizing the execution of a contract with the Harmony Electric Company for the supply of electric current in the Borough of Darlington, in the County of Beaver and State of Pennsylvania.
Be it enacted and ordained by the Town Council of the Borough of Darlington, and it is hereby enacted and ordained by authority of the same.
Sec. 1. That a contract is hereby authorized to be entered into with Harmony Electric Company for the supply of the electric current for street lighting purposes, said contract being in the words following:
This Agreement, made and concluded this th day of March, in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and twenty-one (1921), by and between the Harmony Electric Company, a corporation created and existing under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, hereinafter called the “Electric Company” of the first part, and the Borough of Darlington, a municipal corporation, of the County of Beaver and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, hereinafter call the “Borough”, of the second part, witnessed.
Whereas, the said Electric Company has proposed to said Borough is willing to erect a street lighting system and supply current for the same, and the said Borough is will to enter into a contract relative to the same.
Now therefore, the Electric Company doth hereby agree to erect a street lighting system, and supply current to the Borough as follows:
- The said Electric Company hereby agrees to install one hundred candle power incandescent lamps at eh following street intersections, to wit:
- At the corner of First and Morris Streets
- At the corner of First and Market Streets
- At the corner of First and Plum Streets
- At the corner of Second and Morris Streets
- At the corner of Second and Market Streets
- At the corner of Second and Plum Streets
- At the corner of Third and Morris Streets
- At the corner of Third and Market Streets
- At the corner of Third and Plum Streets
- At the corner of Fourth and Morris Streets
- At the corner of Fourth and Market Streets
- At the corner of Fourth and Plum Streets
- At the corner Fifth and Morris Streets
- At the corner Fifth and Market Streets
- At the corner Fifth and Plum Streets
The said Electric Company shall install a clock device for turning the lights on and off, at a time to be selected by the Borough.
- The Borough agrees to renew the lamps at its own cost and
- The said street lighting system to be completed and in operation within sixty days from the date the ordinances authorized by this agreement shall go into effect, barring unforeseen difficulties and
- This contract shall be in force for full term of five (5) years from the date of commencement of
- The Borough, upon the completion of said street lighting system shall pay to the said Electric Company the sum of Four Hundred ($400.00) Dollars, as the Borough’s portion of the cost and expense incident to the construction of said street lighting
- The Borough shall pay for all current used in the lighting of streets at the rate and in accordance with the schedules of said Electric Company on file with the Public Service Commission of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
This agreement is made in duplicate, and either thereof may be taken and used as the original, and shall be binding upon and inure to the parties hereto, their successors and assigns, respectively.
It is understood and agreed that neither the purposes, nor the intent nor the obligation of this contract, if and when approved by the Public Service Commission of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is such as to impair or in any way affect the exercise of said Commission of any of the powers vested in it by the Public Service Company Law, approved July 26th, 1913.
In witness whereof, the said Electric Company has caused its corporate seal to be hereto affixed by the Burgess, and the same to be attested by the Clerk of Council of the said Borough, in pursuance of the provisions of an ordinance duly passed and approved, authorizing the Harmony Electric Company.
By ,President Attest: , Secretary
Borough of Darlington President of Council
By : Secretary of Council Attest:
Ordained and Enacted into an Ordinance by the Town Council of the Borough of Darlington, this 7th day of March, A.D. 1921.
- J. Nicely, President of Council
Attest: Glenn H. Watterson, President of Council Examined and approved by me this J1h day of March A D. 1921.
James H. Gaunt, Burgess